Sunday, May 20, 2007

More BRP/MRQ

Ok...so I'm really thinking of moving Thundarr, 40K & maybe MARS over to BRP/MRQ.

First I like MRQ better because of:
Attributes are bases of skills

I like the idea of the Parry/Dodge tables

I like the quick skill contests & don't mind the High Skill Level rule

I like BRP (at this point Stormbringer, but I've playtested DBRP & it will be sweet) because of this:

Armor as a xDx

Attributes having very specific functions:
Int for Skill Points
Dex for Initiative
Size & Con for HP
Size & Str for Damage Bonus
Pow for F/X Points
Ok...App really doesn't do anything...but it could provide a Skill Bonus...

Law/Chaos

Throw in HeroQuest for:
Bumps for High Skills (replace BRP & MRQ)
So if my skill is 103%, I roll a 17, its a fialure, but I have a Bump of 1 so its a success.

If my skill is 247% & I roll a 46, its a success & I have a Bump of 2, so its a Critical +1.
If my oppenent also succeed, but just at a Critical +0 level, then he would be reduced to a Success & I would be reduced to a Critical +0. I would win the Contest.
Augments for Skill/10

Mix some Aspects:
Fate point provides +10%, Invoke/Tag is a +20%
(if not using Profession Bonuses, let it become +30%/+50%

A Pinch of Professions:
a)Add a +30 bonus to Skills under Profession

b)Add a +30 bonus if the GM thinks its applicable

And a sprig of a new Critical System

Any roll where the One's Die is a 0 or 10, is a crit (ex. 10, 70, 100)
If the roll is successful its a Critical Success. Failure its a Crit Failure.

No matter what your skill level is a 100 is ALWAYS a Failure, & if your skill is below 100, its a Critical Failure.

In Skill Contests, the highest Successful roll wins after applying Bumps.

No comments: